The Rebel, Honda’s A2 licence-friendly 500cc parallel twin-cylinder compact cruiser benefits from revised suspension, full LED lighting, a new gear position indicator, slipper clutch and more comfortable seat. A new exhaust helps ensure Euro5 compliance.
For 20YM, a new version with a set of factory-fitted accessories is available including a headlight cowl, all-black fork covers and gaiters, plus a diamond-stitch style seat.
For many riders in their early 20s – Generation Z, who have grown up through the digital age – motorcycles mean so much more than just transport. They need to represent a lifestyle, an attitude, and allow them to express their own individual identity. These riders’ expectations are different to those of the motorcycling mainstream and the machines that speak to them reflect this. They have to fit in with their life but must also contain the potential for further individualisation.
Development of the Rebel began in North America, with an outlook geared toward firing the imagination of a younger generation of riders in a different way to traditional cruiser motorcycles. Powered by a 471cc parallel twin-cylinder engine, with strong bottom end torque and a smooth, linear power delivery, the Rebel is A2 licence friendly. It’s also slim, with a low seat height and therefore easy to manage at low speeds. The riding position is relaxed and neutral, with gently outstretched arms matched to mid-mounted footpegs.
The Rebel’s tubular steel frame draws fresh, contemporary lines into stripped-back, fat-tyred ‘bobber’ style. Blacked out to the maximum, with the minimum of paint, it also switches from solo-only to pillion-possible via two bolts.
For 2020, the Rebel gets more comfort and practicality thanks to a revised seat and suspension settings, plus a gear position indicator. Both the headlight and tail-light are new, and the addition of new LED indicators means all lighting is now LED.
Refinements to the exhaust system, including a new exhaust sensor ensure the Rebel is fully Euro5 compliant.
See Honda Accessories Offer for this model here
Equipment & Styling
- Lean and low ‘bobber’ styling
- All lighting now LED, including indicators
- New Matte Jeans Blue Metallic colour
- New gear position Indicator
- New factory fitted accessory kit available
- Negative LCD display with white backlight
- Pillion pad and rear pegs easily removed for customisation
- Euro 5 compliant 471cc liquid cooled parallel twin
- Torque heavy bottom-end output
- New assist / slipper clutch
- New LAF exhaust sensor helps meet Euro 5 regulations
- A2 licence compatible
- 120mm ‘shotgun’ style exhaust
- Low slung tubular steel frame
- Revised fork and rear spring rates
- Rear shock now nitrogen charged, with reshaped damper rubbers, for firmer action
- Rebel £5,799
- Rebel ‘S’ £6,199