MotoGP™ vs F1: the perception of speed with Mark Webber11/06/2020
Former F1 star Mark Webber is this week’s guest as the Aussie delves into his love for motorcycle racing and much more
The MotoGP™ Podcast team have a proper treat for in store for you this week as former F1 star and Australian legend Mark Webber links up with hosts Matt Dunn and Fran Wyld. Despite being known for his heroics on four wheels, Webber has always had MotoGP™ – and motorcycle racing in general – at heart.
Two wheels vs four wheels – it’s always a Friday night down the pub topic between motorsport fans isn’t it? Both F1 and MotoGP™ are frighteningly fast and Webber compares the speed sensations of both. “Because I was reasonably highly-trained to drive an F1 car, that was my skill set, I was more relaxed and felt I knew what I was doing and could trust my own decision process to a degree,” comments Webber, talking about driving an F1 and riding a motorcycle.
That’s just a snippet of one part of the Last On The Brakes podcast, as Webber descends into all sorts:
- Why bikes? Webber’s story
- Deciding why it was cars over bikes
- Favourite thing about riding bikes
- What makes motorsport unique
- Webber’s motorcycle racing heroes
- The new generation of racers (streaming and social media)
- Balancing relationships between drivers, riders and their teams
- How alike are Mark Webber and Andrea Dovizioso?
- Physical stresses of motorsport
- Thoughts on Jack Miller to Ducati
- Kenwood quickfire round
Click on the links at the top of the article to listen on your preferred platform. Alternatively, you can enjoy the MotoGP™ Podcast on YouTube!