Indian Motorcycle DTRA Series 201907/04/2019
Since 2005 the UK has had its very own flat track championships. The UK scene has been growing every year with more new bikes and rider starting to race.
Racing in the UK is mainly on speedway tracks with some use of larger horse trotting tracks and TT courses.
Indian Motorcycle will once again support the growth of grass-roots motorcycle sport alongside long-term partners the DTRA (Dirt Track Riders Association). Following a successful Hooligan championship winning campaign in 2017, Indian Motorcycle became headline partner of the DTRA last year (2018) which allowed for increased investment in the European Flat Track scene – Indian Motorcycle are proud to renew the sponsorship and continue their investment for the 2019 Series, allowing further growth of the sport in Europe.
The Dirt Track Riders Association has just announced its dates and full Series details for the Indian Motorcycle Flat Track Nationals 2019. The new European Series will feature the most popular classes; including the amazing spectacle of the street-bike based Hooligan class, at three showcase events. Alongside the UK Flat Track Nationals and the European Series, the DTRA is expanding the growing UK Hooligan Championship to run over a total of 6 rounds.
New for 2019 is the European Championship where riders from all over Europe will be able to score points at key events on the 2019 calendar in an effort to become a 2019 European Champion.
ABOUT THE DTRA
The Dirt Track Riders Association is run by riders and racers to promote European Flat Track racing. The series has grown year on year and is gaining popularity with riders from all disciplines of motorcycle sport from Rookie riders to Pro racers. Racing classes mean racing is open to many different levels of riders and types of bike. The DTRA has been instrumental in growing all forms of Dirt Track Racing outside of the USA and the UK scene has grown to be the second largest outside North America.
ABOUT INDIAN MOTORCYCLE
Indian Motorcycle, a wholly owned subsidiary of Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII), is America’s first motorcycle company. Founded in 1901, Indian Motorcycle has won the hearts of motorcyclists around the world and earned distinction as one of America’s most legendary and iconic brands through unrivalled racing dominance, engineering prowess and countless innovations and industry firsts. Today that heritage and passion is reignited under new brand stewardship. To learn more, please visit www.indianmotorcycle-intl.eu/select-country/
- Round 1 – Kings Lynn – April 13/14th
- Round 2 – MCN Festival Peterborough – May 17th/19th
- Round 3 – Greenfield TT – June 8th/9th
- Round 4 and Round 5 – Ammanford 1/2 Mile – July 20th/21st
- Round 6 – DIRTQUAKE, Arlington Stadium, Sussex, UK – August 9th/10th
- Round 7 Sept – Greenfield Oval – Sept 21st/22nd
- Round 1 – Hells Race, Speedway Lelystad, The Netherlands – 4th/5th May
- Round 2 – El Rollo, Wheels and Waves – 15th June
- Round 3 – Greenfield, Dirt Track Oval – 21st/22nd September
- Round 1 – Kings Lynn, Adrian Flux Arena – 13/14th April
- Round 2 – Hells Race, Lelystad, The Netherlands – 5th May
- Round 3 & 4 – MCN Festival Peterborough – 17th-19th May
- Round 5 – TBA (August 10th)
- Round 6 – Greenfield, Dirt Track Oval – 21st September